Name of vacant post – Assistant Manager (Boiler Operation)
Grade code of vacant post – E-2
Place of posting – IISCO Steel Plant, Burnpur, West Bengal
No. of vacant post – 04 (four)
Company name – Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
Company profile – SAIL is India’s largest steel producing company. With a turnover of Rs. 50,348 crore, the company is among the five Maharatnas of the country’s Central Public Sector Enterprises. SAIL has five integrated steel plants, three special plants, and one subsidiary in different parts of the country.
IISCO Steel Plant (ISP) Burnpur is one of the five integrated steel plant under SAIL. The Indian Iron & Steel Company (IISCO), a SAIL subsidiary, was amalgamated with SAIL on 16th February 2006 and renamed IISCO Steel Plant (ISP). This full-fledged integrated steel plant is one of India’s oldest. The plant is presently undergoing the final touches of a Rs. 16,480-crore modernisation-cum-expansion programme to raise its saleable steel capacity to 2.5 million tonnes per year.
- Age – Maximum 34 years as on 01.01.2013 (AGE: Born not earlier than January 1, 1979 (Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, and by 3 years for OBC (non-creamy layer).
- Minimum qualification – Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Power Plant Engineering with BOE Certificate (First Class Proficiency) issued by State Boiler Inspection Authorities.
- Experience – Minimum 4 years’ experience (post degree in engineering) as on 01.01.2013 in operation/ maintenance of boilers in any Thermal Power Generation Unit having Coal/Oil/Gas fuelled Boiler.
Selection procedure – The selection process will be through Interview. However, if the no. of eligible applicants are more than the ratio of 1:5, they will be required to appear for a Written Examination and only shortlisted candidates will be called for Interview. Candidates shall be intimated about the written test and interview through email.
Reservation – Reservation to SC/ST/OBC candidates will be provided as per Presidential Directives. (Reservation for Ex-Servicemen shall be provided on horizontal basis as per the rules).
Pay scale and emoluments – The selected candidates shall be appointed at the initial basic pay in the Pay Scale of Rs.24900-3%-50500 (E-2). Besides basic pay and dearness allowance, the selected candidates shall also be entitled for PF, Gratuity, Leave encashment, housing/HRA, free medical benefits for self and dependents and other perks & allowances as per rules of the Company in vogue.
PROBATION: The selected candidates shall be placed under probation for one year before confirmation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply online only through SAIL’s website:www.sail.co.in. No other means/mode of application shall be accepted.
Before registering their applications on the website the candidates should possess the following:
a) Valid e-mail ID.
b) Demand Draft for Rs.500/- as examination fee for General and OBC Candidates (Rs.100/- as processing fee for SC/ST candidates).
The demand drafts are non-refundable and should be drawn in favour of SAIL-IISCO Steel Plant, payable at State Bank of India, Burnpur Branch (Branch Code-0049).
After applying online, the candidate is required to download the system generated Registration Slip with unique registration number and other essential details with space for passport size photograph & signature. The Original Registration Slip, is to be sent to DGM(Personnel-OD), SAIL, IISCO Steel Plant, 7, The Ridge, Burnpur-713325, so as to reach latest by 15th March, 2013.
The Registration Slip must be accompanied by the following documents:-
a) Demand Draft
b) Self-attested copy of Caste if belong to reserved category.
c) Copy of Degree in Engineering certificate
d) Copy of BOE certificate issued by State Boiler Authorities
e) Brief resume, explaining the past working experience with proof of the same.
Please superscribe on the envelope “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT MANAGER (BOILER OPERATIONS)”
All correspondence with candidates shall be done through e-mail only. All information regarding examination schedule/admit card/ interview call letters etc. shall be provided through email/uploading on SAIL website. Responsibility of receiving, downloading and printing of admit card/interview call/ any other information shall be with the candidate. SAIL will not be responsible for any non-receipt of email sent, owing to invalid/wrong email ID provided by the candidate or for delay/not receipt of information if a candidate fails to access his/her mail/website in time.
• Only Indian National are eligible to apply
• Applications are being invited from eligible candidates only. Therefore, before applying the candidate should read all the instructions to ensure about his/her eligibility.
• The final selection will be subject to candidates being found medically fit by the company’s medical board and decision of the company’s medical board will be final in this regard.
• Only original registration slip (no photocopy) shall be accepted. In case of any overwriting or tampering of Registration slip, the candidature of the candidate shall be rejected. Candidates should retain a photocopy of their Registration Slip for future reference.
• The Company reserves the right to decide the mode of selection (written test / personal interview or both) depending upon the number of applicants.
• Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Asansol/ Kolkata.
• The post of BOE has not been identified as suitable for PWD candidates.
• Candidates working in Government Departments/ Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous bodies should apply through proper channel or produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of interview.
• If the SC/ST/OBC certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the certificate either in English or Hindi.
• Educational/Professional qualifications should be from recognized Universities/ Institutions.
• SAIL reserves the right to cancel/ restrict/ enlarge/ modify alter the above requirements, as per requirement, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereto.
Starting date for submitting applications through website – 25th February 2013
Closing date for submitting applications through website – 16th March 2013
Last date of receipt of Registration Slip at ISP with essential documents – 20th March 2013