Paresh Nath’s body could lie in Everest for another year

paresh_nath_everest_climber
Paresh Chandra Nath with other Everest climbers at the Base Camp

Durgapur News Service, 29 May 2016: The chances of bringing back the dead body of physically challenged Indian climber from Durgapur Paresh Chandra Nath, could now get hold up for at least one year. With the imminent sealing of the routes to Mount Everest after midnight today, it is most likely that the bodies of Paresh Chandra Nath and Gautam Ghosh from Bengal will be abandoned in the high altitudes for another year.

Three days after the Nepal government proclaimed the news of the death of two Indian climbers who went missing since last Saturday on Mount Everest, rescue officials on Friday found the body of one of the lost climber Paresh Chandra Nath above Mount Everest’s Camp IV.

Loben Sherpa, who organised the expedition of four Indian climbers in Mount Everest, revealed that a team of six Sherpas retrieved Nath’s body. But since then, bad weather made it virtually impossible to bring back Nath’s body down to Camp II. Body of another Indian climber, Goutam Gosh, 51, could not be spotted even.

The Sagarmatha Pollution Control Committee (SPCC) announced that it would cut off the routes for a year after tonight. Ang Dorjee Sherpa, the Chairman of SPCC said the pollution monitor was preparing to shut down the approaches to Mount Everest for the year.

Pradip Sarkar, an executive with the Durgapur Mountaineer’s Association met Sanita Nath – widow of Paresh at his house in Sarat Chandra Road in the Durgapur Steel Township yesterday— with two other members of the Association to offer condolence to the bereaved family. Paresh was a member of the mountaineering organisation.

Sagarmoy Chowdhury, the secretary of the Association said: “Paresh had been a successful climber despite his physical deficiencies since 1991 and he had nourished the dream to conquer the tallest peak in the world.”

Paresh and Gautam lost contact with the principal team at high altitudes on 21 May and could not be traced. They had oxygen to last for 48 hours. Wanchu Sherpa, managing director of the Nepal Trekker Company – a premier agency conducting the Mount Everest tours said, “The climbers died because of insufficient life support gas.”

Likes(2)Dislikes(0)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 Trackbacks & Pingbacks

  1. Top seven Durgapur news that hit national headlines in 2016 – Durgapur Adda

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*