Miraculous recovery of four-week old baby

Miracle boy Harison flanked by Mom and elder Brother

Unbelievable but true. In one of the most amazing story of recovery, a four-week-old baby who the doctor said had no hope of survival five years ago, is looking forward for his first day at school in a few days from now.

The English family who were told to switch off their baby’s life support machine five years back, are now overjoyed to prepare their son for his first day at school next week after his miraculous recovery.

Miracle boy Harrison flanked by Mom and elder Brother

Five years ago, Kelly Grahame (38) and her husband Richard (41), were faced with the heartbreaking task of saying goodbye to their four-week-old baby Harrison, after he developed group B streptococcus and meningitis.

After weeks at Great Ormond Street Hospital, doctors told the shattered couple little Harrison would be severely brain damaged and would not survive treatment.

The brave couple, of Wickford, Essex, gathered their family and elder son, Fletcher. But on the morning they went to say goodbye, nurses delivered the miracle news, Harrison had started breathing on his own.

Next week Harrison, who is now five, will be heading off to join his big brother Fletcher, eight, at Oakfield Primary School, Wickford.

Kelly said: “We were told Harrison would have some development problems as he grows up. “But every time we take him to see specialists, his tests come back clear. “I keep asking the doctors if he was really as ill as we believed he was.

They say ‘yes, we cannot explain it – just enjoy it’.” Harrison has some delayed speech, but is having speech therapy and will have support when he goes to primary school.

Kelly now works as an ambassador for the Sick Children’s Trust – the charity that provided accommodation for her family in London while Harrison was being treated.

She added: “This was an incredibly stressful time for us and there were moments when we thought we’d lose him.
“He was in intensive care for 12 days at Great Ormond Street, before being transferred to a neurological ward for another week.

“During this time we stayed at Rainbow House, at Great Ormond Street Hospital in London, and were extremely grateful to the Sick Children’s Trust for supporting us.”

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.